Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pink

O.K., so this topic may be somewhat controversial, but I just have to say it. I love pink. Not so much for myself--but for my sweet little daughters. :) I know of many moms who shy away from pink for their girls--they prefer to dress them in purples and pretty blues and browns and greens. And believe me, I totally understand--I really love all those other colors too. But I just can't help myself--my favorite is still pink.
So why do I love pink so much? I'm not really sure. Maybe it's the way it makes Emily's and Eden's pretty cheeks even more rosy and sweet. I just love how girly the color is. There is also something really innocent about pink. I much prefer it to the Hannah Montana rocker girl style that is so popular right now (nothing against Hannah, I know she's got a lot of fans.) Anyway, I hope to keep Emily in pink for as long as she allows (for now she still loves it.) And I plan to keep Eden in all the girly pink outfits I can get my hands on (even though I really do love all the other colors and she still has plenty of those.) I just had to come out with it...I love this color. And after seeing these pics from a recent photo shoot of Eden (taken right before church) you'll see why!










This is also a great post to see Eden's many facial expressions. :)
Also, for a great book to read with your daughters...check out Pinkalicious. It's one of our favorites!

16 comments:

Amy said...

I just saw a picture of you on Amelias blog and you look so good- wow - nice job being a mom and still looking so good!

I do love pink too!! but Darren is way way way not into ribbons and bows- oh well- we still do pink and Ella looks so cute in yellow too

Angela said...

She is soooooo cute. I want to eat her cheeks. I hope to meet her at Christmas. Will you be in Utah?

Christina said...

I love pink, too. Last year, Eva decided she likes orange. Sad for me. But secretly I think she still likes pink. I made her room all pink.

Cara said...

I love putting my girls in pink too! It's just so feminine and girly. I love it!

Sean said...

My girls love pink, and Pinkalicious is Jessi's favorite book!

Dianne

amelia and crew said...

Did you notice that all of the girls are wearing pink in the thanksgiving pics on my blog?

Cheryl said...

Well, this family is right there with ya. Kylee's favorite color in the world is pink and without even knowing it the majority of both girls wardrobes seem to lean that way. Oh, and Pinkalicious is already on the christmas list ever since Ky heard it in school.

Nicole said...

To echo what everyone is saying....she is adorable!

Colleen said...

I'm with you on the pink thing! I love pink. I'm so glad I ended up having a girl! Way cute pics!

Broderick Clan said...

Pink is a great color! Eden looks adorable! After having four girls you think I would be sick of pink but I still love the color on them!
So be pround of you love of pink!

Meli said...

How can you not love pink?? And especially on those chubby cheekers!!!

Jennica said...

I love those cheeks. I used to loath the color but now love it. Like you said, there is something innocent about it.

lisa said...

That was a cute post! I am jealous of your love of pink and those beautiful feminane species you put in the pink. Soooooo cute! Those cheeks are to die for!

Kristen said...

I love pink on little girls. Love it while you can...some day they decide it's not cool. Your girls are too cute.

Grapefruit said...

Look at her! She is adorable! Can you believe when I was pregnant w/Megs I said I didn't want anything pink. Please, no pink! I was the Grinch of anything frilly. But then she was born, and her skin was so pink, and it looked so good against anything pink, and suddenly, I was converted. Now Jane has to wear pink at least once a day! Eden is so cute. I just love her cheeks!

Cardalls said...

I LOVE pink! My husband not so into it, but I think he secretly likes it because Emma looks so cute in it. After 3 boys I buy pink anything!