Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Heart my New Necklace

In general Dave and I don't get a lot for each other for Christmas. We both feel (as I'm sure most parents do) that the majority of our Christmas budget and planning as far as presents go should be for the kids. This year we decided we'd just get each other one thing each. Dave needs a new suit...so that's his present for this year (even though I am actually surprising him with something else that's fun...of course...he's the best!), and then I just thought I'd leave it up to him to decide one thing for me. But then I remembered these necklaces from a bow party that I went to a few months ago. This nice girl in my area makes hand stamped silver jewelry (I know in the picture below the necklace looks bronze, but it's silver.) She does all sorts of different words and designs, and they are so pretty. The particular one I had my eye on was made of silver discs with your children's names stamped on each one. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw it, so when we were talking about Christmas I decided this was the perfect time to get my necklace. Dave was more than happy to let me go about getting it picked out and ordered. :) And it arrived today! I just love it and am so thankful for this nice present. I know it's early...but I'm wearing it anyway! I realize this is kind of boring stuff...but I just love it and wanted to share!
Like I said, the necklace is silver, not bronze (even
though that would be pretty too!) And if anyone is interested

7 comments:

Angela said...

I love it! I will have to check out the website.

Grapefruit said...

I looks really pretty! How fun to have such a personal piece of jewlery like that. My friend here has one and everytime I see her I think how cute her necklace is. So can you add more names for when you have your next five kids? :)

Anonymous said...

That is a cute idea. I really like it.

Sean said...

I've seen those before and have been drooling over them for a while! Yours looks beautiful. But I think you shouldn't be wearing it before Christmas--just kidding.

Dianne

Colleen said...

That's so cute!! I actually bought myself a necklace at Kohl's on a great deal and told Tom that it was for me for Christmas, then I watched him wrap it and it's under the tree right now. :)

Meli said...

what a sweet gift!! Merry Christmas to you!!

Kristine said...

I think that's adorable!