Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating the tree

I have to confess that I really, really don't like our Christmas tree. I know that sounds awful, but it's true. We've had the same dinky, little tree for years...and every year I plan on buying a new one, and every year I decide that we really don't need a new tree and we can stand our old tree for just one more year, and there are more important things to spend money on right now, etc.

Thank goodness that our kids don't care and think our tree the most beautiful tree in the world. :) They had a wonderful time "making it pretty"...I just love how excited they get about the simplest things...decorating our tree was truly a magical evening for them!



Justin had the honor of putting up the first ornament...

Emily next...

and Eden finally got to put up her first ornament ever!

more decorating, they were so into it!





Look at our pretty tree Eden!

The finished product...

Afterwards I caught the kids doing this...
and this...

They truly love our tree!
(Good thing somebody does)

4 comments:

Cara said...

I think your tree looks fine. And, for the record, I really don't like our tree either. Maybe next year. :)

Cardalls said...

Christmas is so fun with kids around...they make it so magical!

Grapefruit said...

Your tree looks great! And so do Justin's pjs...check out that nightshirt! :)

Colleen said...

Looks like they had tons of fun!! I love how fun kids make the holidays, even when mine is only 4 1/2 months old!