Thursday, November 20, 2008

2 Milestones

We had two big happenings in our family this last week. Eden started eating solids, and Emily lost her very first tooth (she's almost 7--so this was a long time coming!) Both things were fun and exciting for us in their own way. I'll start with Eden's eating adventures from this week

Some background...I was planning on waiting until Eden was just a little older to start eating solid food (she's 5 1/2 mo. right now.) But she has just been so interested in watching us eat lately...her eyes would follow every movement of our utensils while we ate and she would lean forward like she was just dying to try it too. So Dave talked me into it and we went as a family to buy the baby food together. Her first meal was a big event in our family...we were all crowded around her high chair eagerly anticipating her reaction to her first taste of real baby food. Emily and Justin were just so excited...I thought it was pretty sweet! So we started her out with rice cereal mixed with apple juice, followed by sweet potatoes. She loved it all...as you can see (videos are down below.)
Her very, very first bite (you can tell because
she's not messy...yet)

next bite...still going good!

On to the sweet potatoes, they were a big hit.
I know she looks messy, but I was honestly
surprised at how much of the food actually
made it in her mouth. So many times babies
push everything out when they are first trying to
figure out how to eat. She was a champ!

Loving it...

I have some pretty funny videos of her eating
at the bottom of the post too.
(and yes I realize none of this is nearly as interesting or
entertaining to others as it is to us...but I just love documenting
these moments :) )

Emily lost her very first tooth while getting ready for bed a few nights ago. This has been a long time coming for her. Most of her friends and cousins have been losing their teeth for awhile. She's had to be very patient!

teeny-tiny tooth.



Her new smile...


Oh, and this is her letter from the tooth fairy. I know it's
too hard to read. But I want to document it anyway.
She got a big kick out of it. :)


Some Other Stuff

We made Thankful Turkeys for family night this week.
The kids had a fun time tracing their own feet for the body and
their hands for the feathers.
They wrote what they were thankful for on each feather.


Some things Emily wrote: I am glad to have my Justin, I love my baby Eden,
I am glad wishes come to life, I am glad I am safe. I love Jesus.


Some things Justin wrote (or drew pictures of): My mom, My Dad,
Eden, Emily, My backyard, playing golf.

Here are some other recent pictures of the kids...
I've heard lots of people say that Eden looks a lot like Justin.
I think in general all three of our kids look a lot a like,
but from this picture I definitely see her resemblance to him. :)

Pretty girls in their Sunday clothes


The kids had a sleepover in the front room
last weekend. They set up the bedding
themselves. I'm just not sure if they had enough
pillows and blankets! :)



Last picture (I promise)


In this first video Eden is just starting out
and is totally mellow and enjoying her meal.
(please don't mind my annoying mommy voice :))
This next video was taken near the end of the meal
and she was going just a bit crazy for some reason.
It's pretty funny.

16 comments:

MarilynG said...

Those children are absolutely beautiful, intelligent, sweet, and adorable. I loved all of the pictures and I love seeing posts so often now that you have your new blog.

Love, Proud Grandma

Cara said...

That last video totally made me laugh. She goes crazy on that last bite! Cute!

Amy B said...

I had never thought of a note from the tooth fairy- I like it- and I love that justin and emily are so big they can help hold, love and not torcher baby sister!

Colleen said...

Cute pics and I love the video! You're such a great mom, you're so good with them!

Cardalls said...

You have a nice tooth fairy! Our tooth fairy has Alzheimers or somthing and often forgets to come on the correct night!

Kristen said...

Eden is so cute. That is fun that Emily lost her first tooth. Now comes the time where they look so crazy (but cute) with all the teeth growing in.

lisa said...

I love reading your blog. When I read I can hear you talking. I love it! Such fun, sweet stuff......especcially Emily teaching Justin to read!

Broderick Clan said...

Kids grow up fast. I love that you started a blog. It is fun to see what your kids are doing! How exciting that Emily lost her first tooth!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amelia and crew said...

Oh my heck! So cute! Don't ever apologize for too many pictures. Can't wait to come play next week.

Angela said...

So fun to have such big things happening, I'll bet Emily was excited to loose a tooth. Jaxton keeps saying he is going to lose a tooth when he turns 5, he doesn't get that things don't happen on his time line.
Eden is adorable. Your kids are all so cute. Will you be in Utah for Christmas?

The Cady Family said...

I am so glad that you have a blog. I am excited to keep up with you and your family. I am going to copy your turkey idea for FHE tonight Madison will have a good time. Your kids are beautiful. Hooray for blogging!

Grapefruit said...

Lindsay, my blogger thing didn't tell me you that you posted anything and now I'm two posts behind! Uugh. Well the tooth is a big deal, I think it's so exciting. And I love the tooth fairy, she always adds such excitement to such ordinary days! Have a happy thanksgiving and keep up the blogging. I love keeping up with your life!

Meli said...

Yeah Emily--i hope that you get a ton of money from the tooth fairy--ours was a little poor there for a while because Alex kept losing his teeth! Eden is the cutest thing!!

The Ririe's said...

Such cute pictures! I love the letter from the tooth fairy..that is great! Isn't it so fun to hear what kids are thankful for?

Nicole said...

Justin is like a replica of David!! How cute! And Emily is so grown up and so beautiful.