Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Eden at 6-months-old

One of the main reasons I finally broke down a couple of months ago and started our own blog was because I wanted to be able to document the first year of Eden's life month by month as she grows. Time goes so fast right now and I thought it would be fun to see how much she changes from post to post. :) Unfortunately I didn't start blogging until she was 5 months old...I wish I had started when she was born because it would be cool to see how much she has changed! I guess that is what my real scrapbook is for. Note to self...stop blogging and get caught up on real scrapbook. ;)
Anyway, Eden is actually almost 7 months old now (she will be on Jan. 2) but I've had this post saved in a folder for a couple of weeks now, so better late than never, right?
So here's all about Eden at 6 months old! I wanted to write a few things about her at this age...for posterity.

At her 6 month check up Eden weighed 18 pounds and was 27 inches long. (I know...she's big. Dave and I are big people...so we have big kids. It really shouldn't be so surprising! :) )
This month she's figured out a lot. She started sitting up at about 6 1/2 months...and it's so nice now she can sit on a blanket with a pile of baby toys and be content for like hours. O.k., not hours...but at least a few minutes while I'm doing the dishes or making dinner which is so nice for me! She is a great eater...and even likes the baby food peas and green beans which my other kids both hated from the beginning. Hopefully this sticks! She sleeps mostly pretty great and now shares a room with her big sister! Which Emily thinks is awesome. Eden is super smiley and happy and content and I feel like such a lucky mommy!
Things Eden loves: Her brother and sister. Looking at herself in the mirror (she loves her reflection almost too much! I don't want her to be getting a big head already 'cause she knows she's so cute. j/k) Me and Dave. Being held. Eating, I mean reading, books. Chewing on the drawstrings of my hoodie jackets or the drawstrings of her own pants. :)
Things that make Eden sad: Being left alone for too long (thanks to Emily and Justin this hardly ever happens...she almost always has company.) Having to wait too long for mommy to make her rice cereal as she sits in her high chair. Her car seat...she's never been a big fan. And finally...when mommy takes those delicious drawstrings she's been happily chewing on away from her.

Here are a few photos of Eden at 6-months...

Finally sitting up! It took her awhile to figure this
out. She was always so wiggly and would topple herself over.

Like in this picture...
(Emily caught her just in time)
Her first Christmas!


This video is pretty funny. My friend lent us this bouncer and Eden just loves it. As you can tell from the hysterical laughing of Emily and Justin...Eden is definitely our main (and our most favorite) source of entertainment in the house!

We just can't get enough of this baby!

10 comments:

Colleen said...

She's so cute! They do grow up so fast! I absolutely LOVE the video at the end! All of you laughing so hard, it's the best! I was laughing along with you!

Cara said...

The video was so cute! I love the kids and hubby laughing in the background. That's awesome.

Amy B said...

the best part is that she has some chub on her - Ella is still not 15 pounds and is over 9 months old- It makes me so happy to see cute babies that have some fat on them!! (even if they are heavier to carry right!)

Grow Family said...

Eden is such a sweet baby. It was so fun seeing her (and all of you!) last week for Christmas. That video at the end was so cute. I'm glad that Eden is an adorably chubby baby. Maybe she will catch up to Ridley's 24 lbs. at 9 months.

Grapefruit said...

She is such a cutie! Don't you hate that it goes by too fast? It's great you are blogging so that you'll always be able to look back and remember!

Angela said...

What a sweet baby. She is so adorable. I loved meeting her at Christmas and seeing your family. Thanks for letting us crash at your house. We had a great time.

The Ririe's said...

She is such a cutie!!! Wow...time flies by so fast!

tavia said...

OOHH she is sitting up.so so cute I love big bold babys!!:)

The Cady Family said...

You may already know this but their are companies that will turn your blog into a hard or soft cover book. Anyway that is my excuse for not scapbooking. try blurbbooks.com

lisa said...

I have been out of the blog world for so long! I LOVED catching up on yours. Emilie's birthday and dance recital and adoreable Eden!!! So much fun Christmas! You are such a sweet mom and person!