Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break is Over. :(

I like to leave love notes in Emily's lunchbox every now and then. Just so she has a little surprise when she goes to eat her lunch and just so she knows I am always thinking of her when she's gone. It makes her happy. This morning was the first time Emily actually requested a note for her lunch. She said after being home with us everyday for Spring Break she is probably gonna be a little homesick at school and a note would really help. So Dave and I both slipped one in there before she left to school. I thought it was so sweet of her to ask, and it also made me a little sad because I realized I was going to be homesick for her all day today as well. I cannot even express how nice it was to just have my kids HOME over the break. I loved it so much. Not having anywhere we have to be is just so nice! We had a super fun break and it really flew by. We spent a lot of time playing with cousins and friends which was great. Mostly we just enjoyed doing things together. I am going to post more about Spring Break and Easter later. But for now I am trying to catch up...so here are a couple of posts with more to come soon...Enjoy! :)

9 comments:

Kristine said...

That is so sweet! I'll have to remember to do that when my kids start going to school :)

Grapefruit said...

How cute that she requested it herself! I love when the kids are all home too. Isn't it great? No schedule? No pressure? Just hang out time. Love it.

adamanderinclark said...

I still remember my mom doing that for me. Obviously made an impact.

Angela said...

SOOOOOO SWEET!!!

Colleen said...

That note idea is so cute! I'll have to steal that one for sure!

Cardalls said...

My Mom used to send hard boiled eggs in our lunches quite regularly. She alwasy used to write a note on it for us. My boys have started to become embarrassed when I write a note to them. They read it but hide it from their friends.

MarilynG said...

Emily is so sweet--thanks for sharing that story. I'm looking forward to seeing the next posts. I'm sad that my spring break is over, too--although for different reasons.

The Ririe's said...

I loved all the new pics. Looked like you guys had a lot of fun and I can see why she would miss being home. I love those days we have no where to be and we can just be home together!

Amy B said...

This was a good post for me to read- I keep thinking how great it will be when I have tyler in school- but really I need to enjoy it now!