Monday, April 13, 2009

Egg Hunts

We had a couple of egg hunts this year. They are actually out of order...but here are pictures from our ward's Primary egg hunt last Friday...


I caught Emily doing this a few times actually...
Instead of putting eggs in her basket, she'd give
them to a little kid near by. She still took plenty
for herself as well :), but I thought this was so sweet...
This is very typical Emily...


Over conference weekend we had Dave's brother's family
over for dinner and an egg hunt. It was so fun!

Before the hunt...
We actually had an egg hunt with these same cousins at our house last year too (just last year Grandma was visiting and put it on for us and we had Dave's other brother and his cute family here as well). Anyways, we were short on Easter baskets and so the kids just used random things/bags we had around the house to put their eggs in. I just love what Justin came up with to gather his eggs. These pictures make me laugh...

:)
O.K. back to this years hunt...
The kids getting antsy while waiting to go out...
It's on...

Eden didn't quite get it...
(aren't Dave's socks and sandals awesome!)



Eden loved her egg...

What did we get?

This is funny...we let Eden down on the grass to play and
she just didn't like the feel of it I guess. She sat with this one leg
up in the air so it wouldn't touch (I'm sure she would have put
both up if it were possible!). It was pretty cute.

I'm sure it won't be as funny on video as it
was in person, but here's Eden trying to
keep her leg up to avoid it touching the grass...

6 comments:

Kristine said...

That is so nice of Emily! I love when kids are nice on their own, without having the suggestion of their parents! The egg hunt looks like a success! And I remember Ian not liking the feel of grass! Its so funny to watch them try not to touch it! LOL! Happy Easter!

Grapefruit said...

Your kids are so adorable. Dave's flip-flop/sock combo...not so much. :)

Christina said...

That video is so funny! Dave's socks crack me up. I also love the huge basket.

Emily is such a sweet little girl!

Angela said...

That video is so cute of Eden. How funny. Glad you had a fun spring break. Love the socks and sandals. Dave has some great fashion sense. ;)

Colleen said...

That's so sweet of Emily! I love Justin's "basket"!! I love the video of Eden trying to stay away from the grass! I love watching your videos just to hear you in the background!! :)

Wendi said...

Your husband's socks with flip-flops is hilarious. And so is Eden with one leg in the air. :D I also love to hear your cheerful voice in the background. :)