Friday, January 30, 2009

Celebrating January

In some ways the month of January can be kind of a let down. The holidays are over and it's back to work, back to school, and back to everyday life. But I was thinking about it, and the truth is that I LOVE my everyday life...so getting back to it is not such a bad thing. While I miss my kids and Dave like crazy while they are away at school and work...we end up having so much fun when we are together it makes it all O.K.
So our January was awesome. We took advantage of the gorgeous weather (most of the month the temps were between 65-70 degrees) and spent a ton of time outside. We took a couple of day-trips to some cool places in our area, did a lot of bike riding, and spent a lot of time at the park.

Oh, and Eden had her first bubble bath...
Like I said, this month was awesome.




Day-trip #1: Lake Las Vegas
Pretty cool...
This picture is funny to me because it is so bright...we
are staring strait into the sun. If you notice Emily is literally
holding her eye-lids open for the picture...and Justin is doing the
smart thing and just looking the other direction.

The view

Sad that we couldn't go ice skating.
There were cool fountains all over this place.

Emily is such a poser...she didn't even have money to
throw in...she just saw that I was about to take a picture of her
and she pulled this pose really quick. She's funny like that.

Day-trip #2: Hoover Dam
Very cool...

Holy cow, that's steep.

Awwwww.

Dave showing Justin where Megatron used to live.
(Justin hasn't seen the movie, but he has a picture
book based on it so he knows all about how the U.S.
government hid Megatron in Hoover Dam until he escaped
and was eventually "befeated" by the Autobots.)
Family picture. (Thank you Nice Stranger for offering.
Dave and I would never get family pics if it weren't for
people like you...we never like to ask. :) )



This bridge is going to span that huge gap that runs
parallel to the dam. It is gonna be so freaky to drive
across when it's done! We can hardly wait.
We took this picture of the same bridge two years ago.
It's kind of cool to see the progress...
The kids got their first real bikes in December.
They've had so much fun riding...


Emily didn't get training wheels with her new bike. We
told her she was 7 and needed to learn how to ride without them.
I expected it to take awhile for her to figure it out...but she
learned within half-an-hour. Dave and I were so proud.
(The whole stopping and starting thing can still be a little tricky for her though.)

We took A LOT of trips to the park this month.
Here are a few pictures from just one of them.
Eden flying at our favorite "butterfly park."

She really loves to swing.


Monkey

Airplane

Angel

19 comments:

Grapefruit said...

I always love getting back to normal life too after the holidays. It's nice to be back in slower speed, you know? Seriously, could Eden BE any cuter? (That should sound like Chandler when you say it...)

Love the pics!

Cara said...

I can't believe Emily learned to ride a two-wheeler so quickly! That's amazing. My poor deprived children still don't know how...that's what Pittsburgh streets did to us (it's all hills). This summer I plan to teach at least 2 of them to ride 2-wheelers. Maybe 3! ;)

Your kiddos are adorable. Isn't being mommy great?! :)

Angela said...

What perfect weather. Looks like you are having lots of fun. Hoover dam looks cool. I need to go there sometime. And way to go Emily on the 2-wheeler.

Kristen said...

What fun times. You are so lucky for such great weather.

Colleen said...

Lindsay! You make me almost want to move to Vegas with the weather! You stink! :) Cute pics, so fun!

MarilynG said...

I would love to have your "everyday life", Lindsay. Once again, I loved every picture. Eden is growing up so fast. I'm getting really excited to see you all on Friday.

chercard said...

What fun adventures to have! Way to take advantage of the weather...we still need to do Hoover dam.

Sean said...

Aaaah...warm weather :) I always actually LOVE getting back to normal after the holidays. I guess I feel like my routine is somewhat "interrupted" by the holidays, no matter how much fun they are. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun together!

Dianne

adamanderinclark said...

What a fun month. I love Eden's bubble bath picture with the bubbles covering her head. So cute.

tavia said...

looks like you had a fun month

amelia and crew said...

When did Em lose her toof? See you in a few days!

amelia and crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

That is crazy that you have such perfect park weather right now since it is so so so cold here.

Broderick Clan said...

I'm so glad you had such a great month! I love all the pictures! Eden is so cute. I love the bath pictures especially! We enjoyed the great weather also!

Kristine said...

So cute! Looks like you had a fun trip! And I love the reference to Transformers! haha! I wish we could go to the park. The boys are getting tired of being indoors all the time. I can't wait for spring!

marilynl said...

Just and Emily are growing up so fast. I guess that happens when we aren't around them. Eden is just so adorable.

Wendi said...

Hi, this is Wendi again (from Cheryl Cardall's and Grapefruit's blogs). I just mentioned you on my private blog and added your blog to my blog roll. Hope that was okay. Not that I needed to follow ANOTHER blog, but I couldn't resist. :) Both of these nice girls have my e-mail address if you want to contact me to tell me to go away. :)

Lindsay said...

That is so totally fine Wendi! :) I actually had noticed your comments on Cheryl's and Becca's blog as well and I thought what a small world it is! Cheryl is in my ward and Becca is one of my best friends...we met at the U of U where our husbands both went to law school. I agree that her blog is amazing...I love reading it! She inspires me. :)
Thanks for commenting!

lisa said...

Wonderful post! Now if only we could have that weather back! I loved the places you went!