Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eden's bobbling

So, my Christmas posts were supposed to be my last posts for awhile. I had planned on taking a little blogging break after having such a busy month of posting. But then, on Sunday night, something big happened. At least something big to us. Eden started bobbling. And by bobbling...I mean babbling (you know the cute baby talk babies start doing around this age...their repetivitive ba, ba, ba's and da, da, da's.) So why do I call it bobbling? Because that's what Justin calls it and it sounds so much cuter. :)
On Sunday night, right before bedtime, we were all laying on mine and Dave's bed in our pajamas playing with Eden. Then, out of nowhere, she just started going nuts with her talking. She's always been a very vocal baby...lots of happy squealing and airy oooohs and aaaahs with a consonant sound thrown in here and there. But this night was different...it was the first night she really started with the full out babbling. We all were cracking up and Emily ran to get the camera to catch the moment on video, and I'm so glad she did. So I have a couple short clips to show off Eden's new found voice. :)
The first one was taken on that first night when it all started...it was just way too dark in our room for the video to show up good, we only had one little lamp on and our digital camera doesn't have a light for video. So I took one more the next morning when we had a little more light. They are both really short...so enjoy!

Emily and Justin thought it was so cool when Eden started making her cute noises on Sunday night. I explained to them that what Eden was doing was called "babbling" and that it is what most babies do while they are learning to talk and soon all those little noises will turn into her first real words. Well, when I said "babbling" Justin heard "bobbling" and he has not been able to stop talking about it ever since. I can't tell you how many times the next day he said things like "Eden sounds so cute when she bobbles, huh Mommy." or "Eden is the best bobbler.", and "Eden just loves to bobble." I just can't correct him...it sounds too sweet. :)

15 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Oohhhhh...I love this! It is my favorite thing. Jane does this all day and I just want to blow off everything and follow her around with the video camera so I'll never forget it. Eden has the cutest voice. (And face...) :)

Enjoy!

Colleen said...

So cute! She's growing up!

Cara said...

Now that was adorable. Both her babbling and her bobbling. :)

tavia said...

oh that is so cute

destiny said...

I love it! Bobbling is so cute.

Christina said...

Cute! I love it when little kids have their own words for stuff.

Amy B said...

Ella just starting pulling herself up but...no "bobbling" yet!

Angela said...

What a cute little girl. And I love that Justin says bobbling. What a cutie.
Looks like your Christmas was great. It was fun to see you.

Steve n Julees Great Adventure said...

Lindsay,I love looking at your blog-Madison listened to Justin singing 4 times! I've made a new post but for some reason it is not showing up on anyone's live stream-just thought I'd let you know... Love, Aunt Julee

Cheryl said...

Oh, I miss the bobbling days as it is now referred to in your house. That stage is for sure one of my favorites. Glad to see you guys had such an awesome holiday and that dave has joined Sky in the PacMan world!

MarilynG said...

I can't get the video on my computer, but I loved the bobbling story. Hopefully, she'll still be doing it when I see you all in a few weeks. I love your blog!

Erin said...

How wonderful to hear Eden start to talk:) Thanks for your comment, we are so happy to have our second boy home into our family. It still needs to hit me that I have two kids, but I sure am thankful.

Dave and Loralee said...

umm...OF COURSE I remember you! :) glad you found me! I'll add you to my list so I can keep in touch!

Meli said...

I think bobbling is a good word--so cute!!

Kristine said...

That is so cute!