Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bloggers Block...already!?

So, before I had a blog to call my own there were many times when I would think…Oh, I wish I had a blog so that I could post these cute pictures, or write about this cool thing that we did, or document this major moment in our lives. But now that I have one…as far as cute pictures, cool things, or major moments go…we’ve had nada. (Well I do have some cute pictures…I’m always snapping away. But for some reason they just don’t seem to go along with anything I could post about…unless I did a “just cute pictures” post. I could try that.) I know it’s only been a week since I've started blogging, but still! Maybe it’s just the blah, in-between-the-fun-of-Halloween-and-joy-of-Christmas month of November that’s got me down. For a funny post on this overshadowed month…read my literary genius friend’s blog here.
So I was going through my camera’s video clips from the past few months and I found these little gems. They’re videos of Emily teaching Justin how to read a book. I just think she is a very natural little teacher…she’s using teaching techniques I had to go to college to learn. Direct instruction, repetition, modeling, and lots of positive reinforcement!
A few weeks ago she had the typical assignment from school where she had to write what she wants to be when she grows up and why. She wrote “I want to be a teacher because my mommy was one.” (melt, melt) Now I’ve explained to her that I only STUDENT taught, and that she was born less than a week after I finished and I haven’t taught since. But still…she wants to be what I once was. Just knowing that she looks up to me like that (for now at least) and wants to follow in my footsteps (for now at least) just gave me this happy, and thankful, feeling inside. So anyway…I really do think she has a gift for teaching. Check out these videos and you’ll see what I mean!
Note: Emily always adds that she wants to be a mommy when she grows up too. After watching what a great big sister she is to Justin and Eden…I know she’s going to be a natural at that as well!



9 comments:

Christina said...

Lindsay! Hi! Emily is such a great teacher. Eva wants to be nothing like me. She wants to be a cowgirl. Don't know where she got that from but she is sticking to it. Disneyland looks like so much fun!

Cara said...

Those videos were pretty darn cute! She looks so much like you. :)

Cheryl said...

Well, I'm impressed! Crazy all that they learn and pick up on soooo fast. Ky doesn't want to be anything else but a Mom and wishes she could be one tomorrow.

steve and jessica said...

I love your new blog! It looks like you all have been up to a lot of fun things! I especially love the Emily/Eden and double buzz light year pics!

Colleen said...

How cute!! They work so well together! I love it!

kellymae4 said...

HAHAHA!!! She is so cute!!! She has a great MOM and a fabulous Kindergarten teacher...haha! Is Justin going to be in kinder at Watson?? Emily keep up the awesome job of teaching him to read...haha..miss ya, Mrs. O'Leary

Sean said...

Very, very cute!

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.