Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Spring Break is over. :( We had such a great time together it makes me sad to see it end. Our days were filled with fun, and friends, and cousins, and outings...we definitely made the most of every second.
It gave me such a blue feeling yesterday morning as I sent Emily and Justin off to school after our break. I knew I was going to miss them so much. Thankfully I had this little angel still around to keep me company...

:)

We really did do lots over the break. Every day was a party. I just have to say I have the funnest friends ever and feel so lucky. :) Here we are dying eggs with some of those fabulous friends...


Em and J planning what to do with their eggs...check out their concentration!


My friend Jolynn put on an egg hunt for all the kids after the decorating...they loved it!

O.K., so this next activity was super cool too. My friend Melinda organized an egg roll for a bunch of us. The kids had so much fun racing and rolling their decorated eggs down a hill. It was so funny to watch them!
Waiting to start rolling...


Running after their eggs...

(check out our friend Spencer's super cool slide...)
Eden throwing her egg down the hill, she was so into it!

The damage...

We went to the Children's museum another day, and I have some fun pictures from that too...but this post is already so big, I'll save those for another day. :)

These next few pictures aren't actually from spring break, but I've been wanting to post them anyway because it was a really fun day. My old college roommate and friend Amy and her family came into town and invited us to their fancy hotel for a fun swim date. It was our first swim of the season and it was gorgeous weather. We had such a great time catching up and watching our kids play together. Thanks Amy! It was so fun to see you!

Ready to get in...

swimmingpool

Amy and her cute kids...Ella and Tyler

They all got along so well!

So that is just a little bit of what we've been up to. I will probably be posting more Easter pictures soon. I am just so thankful that I have such awesome children to hang out with every day. They make me so happy. :)

10 comments:

marilynl said...

Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how grown up Eden is getting to be. Your Easter looked fun. It's more like Christmas here!! Too much snow for April!

Grapefruit said...

Isn't that first day back always the worst? I always feel blue too. It's so fun to have them around all the time. You guys did so many fun things, wow! I've never heard of an egg roll. I'll have to remember that one.

I love Eden's hair!!!!!

steve and jessica said...

So, so much fun! It makes me excited for the Easter Egg hunt with my family this Sunday. Your kids are super cute as usual!

Cheryl said...

Way to go spring break! Ours just started but I don't have much on the calendar and know I should be soaking it up more...way to use every minute! I love the egg roll...maybe we will do that with the leftover eggs sitting in the frig :)

Amy said...

I am such a party pooper- dying eggs, an easter egg hunt, an easter egg roll contest.... We did nothing! oh wait, Darren dyed six eggs with tyler. So embarrassing! Next year Linds! we will be better next year!

Colleen said...

Your kids are so cute and they are getting so big!!! Fun pics and I am already waiting for more to come!

Dianne said...

Looks like so much fun!

Angela said...

What a fun break! Your kiddos are just adorable! I love that first pic of Eden. Her hair is so cute.

Cardalls said...

Fun times! Your kids are darling!

Broderick Clan said...

Spring Break was fun! We will have to make the Easter rolling a tradition.