Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Random

It's been a long time since I've posted and I just wanted to throw up some random pictures and random updates of my three random kids...(just kidding, they're not random, that just sounded good. They're awesome. Way awesome.)


So, we'll start with Eden. Here is a picture from a couple of months ago taken on a Sunday morning right before her first day of nursery. Unfortunately this darling smile didn't last into the nursery room, she hated it. And still does. :(

So Eden is 20-months-old now. She is delightful. That's all I have to say...

She loves walking around in our shoes lately...I know all toddlers do this, but I had to document it. Here she is in Dave's big old clonkers...


Dave takes the kids to Krispy Kreme every now and then on Saturday mornings (and lets me sleep in :) ). The kids love the donuts, and I love them in the hats...
(Eden is saying "cheese"in this picture...actually she pronounces it "deez", but it counts. This is the smile she gives whenever she says "cheese", I call it her "cheese face" and it makes for some funny photos...)


Another "cheese face" picture...
Can't you just hear her saying it..."Deez!"

Now for Justin. His big thing lately is maps. He is obsessed with them, he can't get enough of them. He spends tons of his time poring over our atlas, and instead of playing games during his computer time...he goes to Google maps and cruises over those. I love it, he's such a cool kid...
Here he is drawing a map of the United States. I know it's far from perfect, but I think it's pretty great for a five-year-old. He didn't have a map in front of him or anything...



This is what he does for fun...

Emily is still an awesome big sister...she helps me so much and I am so thankful to have her. I tell her all the time that Heavenly Father sent her to our family to have this special role...and she lives up to it so wonderfully.

Emily's latest news is that she finally started piano lessons a few weeks ago. She's been wanting to learn for forever so she's so happy about it. We found a wonderful teacher (that only charges $10 a lesson!) and it's going great so far...

So that's it...a quick update on our family. We are doing great and I am enjoying every second of these little lives. :) I am so blessed...

Until next time!

18 comments:

Cara said...

That first picture of Eden is so cute! She looks just like you Lindsay! And I think it's so crazy that Justin and my Liam are both so into Google Maps! That's crazy! Too bad we don't live closer! They'd be instant buddies! :)

Grapefruit said...

That IS cool that Justin reads maps for fun. Who does that? So cool. And Eden's hair...I love those curls. (Yes, still suffering from my Felicity complex.) I think it's so great Dave does the Saturday doughnuts thing. I remember back in the old days he would take Emily to go get slurpees. We love the doughnut shop too. (What's not to love...)

Erin said...

Love your random post:) Your kids are getting so big, especially Eden!

Erin said...

Love your random post:) Your kids are getting so big, especially Eden!

Colleen said...

Love, love, love the pics! Eden is such a doll in that pic of her on the Sunday before nursery! Justin looks so grown up looking at the maps and how cute is that? What a little smarty-pants! You have the cutest kids and I love reading about them and how much you adore them! What lucky kids to have you as their Mom!!! Wished you lived closer so Alli could play with Eden! :)

Colleen said...

Oh! I forgot (in my novel) to mention how awesome it is that Dave takes the kids to get doughnuts on Saturdays! How fun! Can I be one of your guys' kids?

Wendi said...

My son loves Google Maps too. I love smart, cute little boys. :)

Wendi said...

P.S. I also love the way the water looks in that cute bathtime picture. And who doesn't love Krispy Kreme and those fun hats?! :)

Dianne said...

Too bad Justin and Davis didn't check out Google Earth while eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts while you guys were here...Davis loves both of those things, too!

Angela said...

Your kids are too cute! I love how much Justin loves maps. That is so cute!

The Ririe's said...

You have the cutest little family!

lisa said...

I loved that post! Justin really is a cool kid!

steve and jessica said...

Love the fun pictures of Eden, the map pics of Justin (so interesting with the maps) and the piano pics of Emily. Krispy Kreme pics were so cute. Steve might wake up early for the thought of Krispy Kreme...What a great dad-kid date!

Amy said...

what piano books did emily start with- we are trying to find something good for the future??

MarilynG said...

Here I am again--about the 20th person to comment, but I just saw your blog. All of the pictures are great. Tell Justin I love looking at maps, too. I can't wait to hear Emily play the piano and Eden is adorable as always.
Love you and miss all of you.

Cheryl said...

Eden is darling! I think Justin being into maps is amazing...way to go kid! I'm still horrible at reading them. Good luck with Piano and I'm sure Emily will learn fast. I enjoyed the update.

Christina said...

I think that doughnut tradition needs to happen here.

Samuel loves maps, too. But not as much as Justin. I just bought him a huge one on Amazon. I will post pictures when I finally put it up.

I love Eden's "deez" face.

I love how you love your kids.

Broderick Clan said...

You really have great kids! Looks like Justin did a really good job on his map! Very impressive! I'm so excited that emily is taking lessons. She will do awesome! Eden is so full of life. I love watching her!