Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hiking

Last weekend we went to one of our favorite places in Las Vegas...Red Rock Canyon. It is so awesome there this time of year. The sky was blue, the rocks were red (and white) and the scenery was gorgeous. We had such a great time hiking around together as a family, It was just another one of those perfect days...

The kids LOVE climbing and exploring the rocky formations there...



Dave does too...


Some shots of my girls...
(Isn't that blue sky amazing!)



Here are pics of us on our actual hike. My friend found this awesome carrier for us at a garage sale and it was so great to have! Our last hike (see pics below) we pushed Eden up the mountain in a stroller and it was kind of ridiculous. :) Thanks Marjorie!!!

hiking along...


Our favorite hike at Red Rock takes you to a cool, little waterfall, it's only going in the Spring so we had to check it out....

Cooling off...



Emily loved getting wet...
Eden didn't...

I had to throw in this other cute kissing picture...
(we can't stop.)

Here's my attempt to get a picture of Dave and I together...
I didn't realize I was so zoomed in.

We went to Zion's over President's Day weekend a couple of months ago and I never blogged about it. So here are just a few pictures...

It was GORGEOUS!
Here we are pushing Eden up the mountain in a STROLLER. People looked at us like we were crazy. But the whole hike was paved and it was way better than not using it.
A family pic at the waterfall there (can't think of the name.)
We had a super fun time.

13 comments:

Grapefruit said...

That place looks AWESOME. My kids would love it there! (An excuse to come visit?) Last weekend we went hiking in St. George at some place (I can't remember what it's called) where you have to hike between two rocks that literally has like two inches between the two of them. I was too claustrophobic to go through with it, but everyone else went, even Jane!

Anyway, love all the great pics. It really looks beautiful. And I had a good laugh over the stroller...oh, we have so been there. We still haven't made the move to the backpack. WHY NOT?!?!

Colleen said...

I love the outdoors! Of course as I look at these pics, it's snowing outside right now! Stupid spring in Utah! Love the pics! Your kids are so dang cute! Eden is getting so big!

Amy B said...

man - your next hike in zions can be angels landing. It is paved most of the way too!!! Just teasing! Your kelty backpack looks great. Dont do angels landing with a stroller.

The best part is just getting out and having kids love hiking and running. I realized it just gets too hot in the summer for you guys to probably do much hiking in Vegas. So enjoy it all now!

Cheryl said...

looks like a blast and how amazing to have that at your fingertips! Thank goodness for garage sale finds...they have saved me several times. Your pictures are beautiful.

Wendi said...

My cousin just discovered Red Rocks after moving there and she started a blog about her hikes with her husband that I follow:

http://craigandshaunaredrockcanyonblog.shutterfly.com/

Small world, huh?! (Cheryl, Grapefruit, and now this...) :)

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steve and jessica said...

I love the outdoors. Those places are so pretty. What a fun family outing!

MarilynG said...

I also love hiking at Red Rocks. I love all of your pictures as usual. Of course the kids are as cute as ever. I loved my visit there over spring break.

amelia and crew said...

I love red rock! Paul and I need to start planning our next trip to vegas. BTW, the hike with the waterfall is Emerald Pools. So beautiful!

Dianne said...

Cute pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. There's nothing like the great outdoors!

Christina said...

I have done the stroller thing on the beach. It was ridiculous. Looks like you had a great time!

Angela said...

What a fun little day trip. We need to come visit you so we can go there...and of course see you!

lisa said...

SO FUN! SO JEALOUS!