Monday, December 28, 2009

Emily is 8

Emily celebrated a very special birthday a couple of weeks ago...our little girl is 8. Her baptism is in just a few days and every time I think about it I get all teared up. I feel so overwhelmingly thankful to have this little girl in my life, and so very thankful that she is so ready to take this big step in hers.

O.K., before I get too emotional, here are some pictures to document Emily's 8th birthday. This year was an off year for throwing a full out party...but we did have a few of her best friends over the Friday before her birthday for a special late-over. The girls had so much fun, and even though it wasn't an official birthday party, we still had cake... :)




Here are some pictures from Emily's actual birthday...
We let her open one present before school...a little pink CTR ring just like I had when I was a little girl. She loves it.



My parents were tending my sister's kids that evening so they all came out to open presents with us and to go out to dinner...

Emily and her new set of Scriptures...

Everyone wanted pictures with the birthday girl...

My Aunt Julee and Uncle Steve were visiting from Idaho, so they were able to come too! It was so nice to visit with them...

I wish I had some fancy program where I could cut and paste a picture of Justin into this picture because I think it would make a really nice family photo. He was way too busy playing with his cousin Josh to take one more picture. Oh well, here's a really nice ALMOST family photo...

Here's just one last shot of Emily and I from her Christmas dance recital. She looked just like a princess and danced like one too. :)

We love our Emily-girl so much. She is sweet, smart, and full of creativity and I am so thankful to be her mother.

The end.

11 comments:

Grapefruit said...

We gave Megan a pink CTR ring for Christmas and it flew off her finger the next day at the park. So much for that!

It's crazy that Emily is already 8, but she looks exactly the same as she always has (to me, at least), just a lot taller! :)

Tell Dave happy birthday this week for us.

Amy said...

I love hearing about Emily- I haven't read much about her lately.... so this was a great post just for her!

you really do look great in the green sweater- too bad for Justin!

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! I can't believe she's 8! Time keeps going by faster and faster! Such cute pics. She looks so much older that 8 in the pic where she's holding her scriptures. Such a beautiful girl!

Kristine said...

Wow Emily is 8?! What a wonderful age! I just can't believe its gone so fast! Have fun at the baptism!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I am so happy and excited for you to be baptized! You are a beautiful girl!!!

Cardalls said...

Happy Birthday! My kids baptism days are one of my favorite proud Mom days. Such a sweet sight to see your husband and child in the water together. Enjoy it!

Dianne said...

Happy birthday, Emily! It was fun to visit with you over Christmas and Thanksgiving this year. Congratulations on your baptism. We are so proud of you :)

Christina said...

I remember her as a little girl in Santa Clara. Crazy how they grow so fast! She is so sweet. I hope she had some not too sweet lemonade for her birthday :).

tavia said...

Happy Birthday!

lisa said...

We love Emily too! So glad we know her and you!

Wendi said...

I love the picture of her holding her new scriptures. :)