Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Snow and Lights



Snow!

The kids got the chance to play in the snow while we were there. Personally, I can't stand the stuff, but they had a lot of fun!





The snow was really powdery, and not the best for making snowballs...but the kids made them and threw them anyway...

Eden loved stomping around in the snow.
(Until her hands got cold, then she cried.)

Lights!

We went to see the lights at Temple Square with my sister and her family. We hadn't been in years...so it was really fun for all of us...the kids really loved it.

So, I actually did it...for the following picture I stopped a friendly looking stranger and asked if she wouldn't mind taking a group photo for us. It killed me to do it, but I really wanted a shot of our families together. We made like 50 people stop and wait to go by us while our picture was being taken, which I felt really bad about...but it was worth it to get the shot (even though Eden isn't looking.)


Emily and Justin were excited to see the Temple where Dave and I were married.
So beautiful...


Off to see the lights...

Gabe and Justin...


Eden loved it up on Dave's shoulders...



A family photo...

10 comments:

marilynl said...

What a beautiful family. I love Temple Square the day after Thanksgiving. We haven't been there for a few years. We always see it in December, but it is fun to be there when they flip the switch! See you at the family party.

The Ririe's said...

I love the match joke!!! I miss the lights at temple square - we used to live up the street! So glad you had so much fun with family!

Angela said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. I am jealous of your trip to Temple Square. I am hoping to go this year. Can't wait to see you and your cute family at the Christmas party.

Oh, and Jax is super disappointed we aren't spending the night at your house on our way to Utah this year. He LOVES Justin!

Amy said...

Emily is so beautiful, her pictures are great. - family pictures are great. glad you got one. It seems like they are hard to get as the family grows.

Cara said...

Was that your sister Katie in all those pictures??? She has changed so much! She's so tall and beautiful! (not that she wasn't beautiful before) :) And she's old enough to have kids??? I'm afraid we are getting old!

Christina said...

Eden's hat is so cute. Cute pictures (as always)!

Jennica said...

That is one thing I miss about living in SLC, Temple Square this time of yr. I love the photos and am glad you got the family shot you wanted.

Lindalou said...

Your pictures are beautiful!!!you are such an awesome photographer. Emily's and Eden's pictures are especially beautiful. I love you all so much and so thankful for that sweet Thanksgiving together. WE are thankful grandparents luv you so much

MarilynG said...

I love all of these pictures. I'm glad you got to go to Temple Square while you were here--even if it was extremely cold.

Wendi said...

I love the picture of the temple and of your family at the end especially. :)