Monday, January 4, 2010

A Special Day

I have so much to catch up on right now. We had such a fun Christmas and a very happy New Year and I have so many pictures to sort through and post. I really hope I can find the time to do that soon. But for now I wanted to make the time to write about the most wonderful and important event that has taken place in our family over this holiday season. Emily's baptism was just a couple of days ago...and we are all still glowing from that special day.
Before:


After:

baptism

She looks the same, but she kept telling me all day how different she felt.
We know why.
There is so much I could say about Emily and her baptism, but most of it is just too personal for this blog. So I just want to say it was a beautiful day with so many beautiful moments. My heart is so full of gratitude. Words could never express it. We love you Emily!

12 comments:

The Ririe's said...

She looks beautiful and we are so happy for all of you. Congratulations Emily!

Cardalls said...

her testimony was so sweet on Sunday...made me cry~

Colleen said...

What great pics! She's such a beautiful girl! Such a great moment in her life! (and yours!) :) Congrats to Emily!

Grapefruit said...

She looks so beautiful! I LOVE her dress, where did you end up finding it? It's gorgeous! Wasn't it just the most special day? Wish I could have been there to support you, but just know that I was thinking about you and her, even all the way over here in P-town.

:)

Amy said...

Can you believe you have an 8 year old- where has the time gone! I also cant believe I have a house (with a mortgage) and two kids who I am responsible for. See what time does too us!

Angela said...

She is so beautiful! Just like her mommy! We are so proud and happy for Emily. I am glad it was such a special day!

Cheryl said...

How awesome and amazing! Glad to hear all went well and that you had tons of family in town. What a special event. We are so glad we caught up with you guys for a little and hope we can see you again soon...some how!

Wendi said...

Love those pictures!! This post was just perfect. I hope you find the time to catch up on your pictures. I've spent a gajillion hours on mine and still have more to go! :)

lisa said...

So grateful we got to be apart of her day. Her testimony was so sweet. She is such a good girl.

Dianne said...

Beautiful pictures. Sorry we couldn't be there on your special day. Congratulations, Emily.

lisa said...

LIndsay, you are too good to me. I treasure your friendship so dearly. And if I am good it's because I spend so much time with you. You have an amazingly kind influence.

tavia said...

That is so great!she looks like an angel.