Thursday, May 7, 2009

She did it!

O.K., remember a few posts back when I wrote about Eden not liking the feel of grass on her legs so she would hold one leg up in the air to keep it from touching the ground? Then I said that I'm sure she would have put both legs up if it were possible? Well, I didn't think it was possible for a baby to pull off sitting with both legs up in the air...but she proved me wrong. Check this out...
She must have killer ab muscles because
she sat like this for quite awhile. :)
Pretty awesome, huh.

I just had to document Eden's cool accomplishment. But this is also going to double as her 11-month update. She's been 11-months-old since Saturday. Her first birthday is coming up on June 2nd! It is going to be a very bittersweet day, time just goes by way too fast (deep sigh.) So, here are a couple of Eden's favorite things to do right now...
I don't know any baby who doesn't love doing this...
or this...



A classic wiggling out of the arms maneuver...

so sweet...

Until next time...

13 comments:

Grapefruit said...

That is so funny. How does she do that? I'd be shaking like a leaf with my weak muscles if I attempted that maneuver! Go Eden!

She and Jane would be great friends. I know it. They both have chub and they both do the wiggling thing out of big sister's arms...

The Ririe's said...

I am going to have to try that move, maybe I could get some nice abs out of it! Very impressive!

Colleen said...

That is hilarious!! I love it! I must agree, time does go by way too quickly!! Can't wait to see her birthday post here in another month! I can get ideas for Alli's b-day that way. :)

Cara said...

I love those first pictures! That's amazing and just so funny! What a cutie!

Erin said...

SHe's getting so big, sweet pics:)

Amy said...

That is a pilates move- Cant remember the name- Maybe the teaser and it is supposed to strengthen your abs and your core- Nice job Eden!

Wendi said...

What a fun post! :) Babies are great--my Friends and Family blog are full of pictures and video clips of my two nephews that are just a little older than Eden. :)

Angela said...

That girl is so cute. She may be the first 11 month old to develop a 6-pack! :)

Sean said...

She's so cute! Funny how babies don't like the feel of grass on their skin. You're right, she must have really strong abs.

Christina said...

That is so funny that she can do that!

steve and jessica said...

Looks like Eden is a lot of fun and can teach Bailey all these tricks this summer.

MarilynG said...

I just saw all of the adorable pictures. I miss you all.

lisa said...

I can't believe she can do that! That is total Yoga and Pilates! I am glad you got to go to the butterfly gardens! it looks magical!