Monday, October 4, 2010

The Wedding 2010

Going to the beach is always amazing, but the main event of our trip was my brother Dave's wedding in the San Diego Temple. It was such a special day. The San Diego Temple has always been my favorite. After we moved to Utah from the San Diego area my family would travel back every summer to spend a week at the beach and then go visit this temple site while it was being built. Then finally one summer when it was finished we were able to actually attend the open house as a family and I remember how awesome it felt to walk through this gorgeous, amazing place. It's a special memory for me and even though I had only been inside that one time it has always been my favorite. (It's o.k. to have a favorite temple, right?) So I was so thankful to have this opportunity to go inside this beautiful place for the second time in my life for my brother's wedding. :)

Here's the gorgeous couple...
My brother Dave and his wife Jessica.


The kids not very reverently enjoying the grassy hill...
It was windy...
My girls...
(Dave and I are always telling Emily she needs to meet somone from
SoCal so she can get married here. She says she'll see what she can do. :) )
The reception...

There was lots (and lots, and lots) of dancing...
(mormons totally know how to party.)

Especially Mormon Grandmas...

(My cute mom and cute Aunt Laura)


These two really did dance the night away, I loved it...




This was cute, the DJ called for a dollar dance where you paid the bride or groom a dollar (or more) to dance with them...Emily totally got her moneys worth with fun Uncle Dave...
What it's all about ...

5 comments:

Cara said...

Congrats to Dave! He looks very happy. I remember him really well. :)

Amy B said...

she looks amazing- her hair- wow! she looks just like she fits into the family!

Grapefruit said...

Paige has that same skirt that Emily is wearing...except Emily looks about 15 in hers and Paige still looks 5.

Isn't the San Diego temple amazing? I still remember my first time there too. A special memory for me as well.

Good to see an update from you. Been missing you!

Colleen said...

Congrats to Dave! It is a gorgeous temple and yes, it's ok to have a favorite as far as I'm concerned. :) They look very cute and happy! I love the idea about paying the bride/groom $1.00 for a dance, it does look like she got her moneys worth. How cute, thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

I know I got MY moneys worth! It was SO COOL! I loved the peaceful feeling just outside of the temple. (By the way it was an amazing blog!):)