Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas/New Years...late

Collage time again. I know these pictures are way late and most of you are probably so over the holidays right now... but I just couldn't not blog Christmas...so here we go.

We spent Christmas in Logan this year. We had so much fun visiting with family and doing all sorts of cool things that we don't get to do here in Vegas. We went sledding for the first time in probably four years (sad, I know) and the kids had a total blast. Justin especially loved it, which was great because he is usually really afraid of fast, scary things (like roller coasters.) I was so glad that he was so fearless when it came to sledding. He couldn't get enough of it! Emily and Eden thought sledding was pretty fun too. :)

p.s. I love Dave in his awesome snow boots...


Of note in the following collage: Dave's awesome snow boots (again), and poor Emily chasing her sled down the hill. She had the hardest time getting it up the hill for some reason and kept losing her hold of it. It was sad (and a little funny) to watch her chase it down again and again. Oh, and Eden looks just adorable in her sled.



Ice Skating! One of our favorite yearly traditions. Thank you Grandma!

The Annual Gutke Christmas Party and Nativity...
Dave's Grandma and family put on an awesome Christmas party every year that includes lots of eating, singing, chatting, and dancing around the Christmas tree. We always have so much fun. I included lots of the dancing around the tree pictures for some reason. It's one of my favorite traditions. :)

Another thing we do every year is a Nativity play at Dave's parent's house. The kids love participating and look so darling in their costumes. Emily was an angel, Justin a wise man, and Eden a shepherd. Eden was a kind of naughty shepherd though that liked to steal the baby Jesus from a very distraught Mary. It was sad, but funny...(sorry Ada!)
Of note: Protective Mary (Ada), Mischievous Shepherd (Eden), and the cute cousins reading Christmas stories with Grandma. Another favorite tradition.


Present Time! Here are a few pictures of the kids opening their presents from the cousin gift exchange and Christmas morning.
I also threw in some other Christmas pictures taken before our trip to Utah which I meant to blog earlier but never got around to.
Of note: Our new Christmas tree (remember how much I disliked our old one? Well we finally broke down and bought a new one during the after-Christmas sales last year. It was so hard to buy something we couldn't use for 11-months, but so worth it when we pulled it out this year. I love it.) Justin dressed up as the funniest elf ever, and my kids with Santa at our ward Christmas party...


New Years Eve Party! This year we had family in town for Emily's baptism so we had an especially fun party for New Years Eve.
Of note: Dec. 31st is also Dave and two of his brother's birthday (most of you know Dave is a triplet, right?) so it was really fun because they were all together on their birthday for the first time in a few years. It was awesome celebrating with everyone.
The kids had a great time banging utensils together to ring in the New Year with the Eastern Time Zone on CNN (9:00 p.m. our time.) :)

Welcome 2010!!!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

12 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Isn't sledding the best? My kids love it too, and I thought it was so much fun. (Minus the part where Mitchell flew down 100mph by himself and almost crashed into a gate and paralyzed himself...)

Wendi said...

Those are great collages. That's so cute and funny about Eden stealing the baby Jesus doll. Thanks for sharing. :)

Colleen said...

I love all the pics! I can't believe you were so close to all of us and we didn't get to see you! :( I'm sure you were busy enough! Hopefully we'll get to see you sometime soon! Happy New Year to you, too! :)

Amy said...

Family is the best place to be for the holidays- Darren liked seeing all three boys together- oh here's wishing to the old days when it was so easy to get together....

Christina said...

Love all the pictures. So sad we missed most of the party and the chance to talk :(.

Angela said...

Love your post. You always are so cute in the way you write!

tavia said...

look like to much fun I love the snow as do my kids!Happy New Year!

MarilynG said...

I'm glad I finally checked your blog. I can't believe I haven't checked it for several weeks and missed the birthday and baptism pictures. I agree with all the nice things that everyone has said and I'm glad you have so many great pictures. The collages are awesome. Your are all wonderful!!!

amelia and crew said...

Way cute post. You need to teach me how to do that!

Kristine said...

Wow so much to comment on! Your Christmas looked so fun! I wish we could see you when you were in town sometime! Did you have to buy snow clothes for your kids or did you get to borrow them? That is awesome you had so much family in town for Emily's baptism! Seeing the cousin picture on New Years is so fun :)

Happy Birthday Dave!

Grow Family said...

Hey there! I haven't checked blogs in a while so I enjoyed seeing all of your recent posts. We had so much fun playing with you all over Christmas. Thanks for sharing so many great pictures of it. I also loved the pictures of Emily's birthday and baptism. She looks so beautiful and happy.

steve and jessica said...

Wow. I hope that you saved those picture compilations somewhere, because they are so cute. (I know technically that they are saved on the blog, but it would be fun to save them for a scrapbook or something.)