Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why Can't we Live Here?

Dave and I ask ourselves that question every time we visit Southern California. I know CA has it's problems...but I can't get over the beautiful weather, the gorgeous scenery, the beautiful and unique flowers and foliage, the amazing beaches and gorgeous ocean, and of course...the delicious Mexican food. We took a very short trip to San Diego last weekend and we were able to get a taste of all of these wonderful things while we were there. :)
We left last Friday, visited SeaWorld on Saturday and came home on Sunday...like I said, it was very short. But oh so fun!
The grounds at SeaWorld are so beautiful!
(let's see how many times I can use the words
beautiful, gorgeous, and amazing in this post ;))
Our first show of the day...the Dolphin Discovery!
Emily and Eden were so excited.

So where are Justin and David during the show, you ask?
They were actually IN the show!
Before it started a SeaWorld worker asked
Justin if he'd like to be in the show, and he said yes!
It was so cool, he and Dave got to meet and feed the
dolphins and were totally part of everything.
Justin did so awesome...the video of his performance
is at the bottom of the post. It's so funny.

Here are some actual pictures of Justin and Dave...

And here are the dolphins...
these animals are so amazing!


After the show, Eden took a little nap...

and we went to see the sharks!
(The exhibit was very dark, so none of the pictures I took
inside turned out...but the sharks were very scary and cool.)




We saw Flamingos, visited with the sea stars (the correct name for
star fish we found out) and fed the sting rays.




Emily is saying...
"Look Justin, this is where the mouth is."

Emily's favorite part of the trip was feeding the
sting rays. They were very cute and friendly.

Eden just kickin' it at SeaWorld...

The Sesame Street kid area was so much fun.
It had this huge fort with nets everywhere to climb,
the most amazing bounce house ever, and a few rides.




(I think this picture is so cool, they are both flying)

Fun rides...


Waiting for the Shamu show...
Justin said this was his favorite part of SeaWorld.
It was awesome.

Our camera battery died about 3/4 of the way through
the day which was a huge bummer. A few things we
did/saw that aren't pictured are: fed the dolphins, saw the
penguins, polar bears, and beluga whales. Went to the
sea lion/seal show, and Justin went on his first ever scary
roller coaster. Good job buddy!

We were at our hotel 2 nights and the kids went
swimming both of them. We really milked this
trip for everything and got so much out of it even though
it was so, super short! The kids loved swimming in the dark!

The morning we left we took a drive
across the Coronado Bridge and went to fly
kites at the beach. It was perfect kite weather...
Emily and Justin loved it.



They played in the sand for a bit and then we headed home.

We drove by my favorite temple on the way out.
Isn't the San Diego temple so beautiful?!

Here's the video of Justin in the Dolphin show.
Keep in mind I was holding a very wiggly baby
in one arm and trying to video with the other. It's
a little shaky but turned out o.k. overall.
I'm so proud of my little guy!

17 comments:

Cara said...

What a fun, busy trip! I can't believe Justin got to be in the show. That was so cute! What a great memory for him (and you guys!)

Amy said...

so how long does that drive take- thats a great fast trip-

Cardalls said...

Looks like so much fun! We love San Diego too!

Grapefruit said...

I so know what you mean. I am seriously asking Matt every five minutes why we can't just move here already? Who cares if we rent the rest of our lives? Who cares if we have no jobs? At least we have the beach, right? :) We are debating whether or not to go to SeaWorld tomorrow. Your post makes me want to go. We'll see... Anyway, glad you guys had a great trip and too bad we (as usual) couldn't hook up. Maybe some time!

Angela said...

How fun. I think that is great that Justin got to be in the show. Cute post. San Diego is so wonderful. O wish I could take a trip there right now. And so cute that Justin thought the dolphin felt like a hot dog. What a crackup.

Wendi said...

I love the pictures of Eden! :) They are adorable. We're planning to take our yearly California trip the end of this month. We're getting excited. This was a fun post! :)

Jennica said...

That looks like so much fun. I love short get a ways like that.

Kristine said...

Oh that is so cute Lindsay!! I'm so glad you had a good time! Justin will probably remember that opportunity his whole life! I love that he said the dolphin felt like a hot dog! HaHaHA! And I love hearing you laugh in the background! I miss you!

P.S. If your battery dies at the park, you can take it to any shop to charge during the day. That's what we had to do. We would charge it for 15 minutes at a time just to get enough energy to take a few pictures. :)

P.P.S. your beach pictures were so beautiful!

Cheryl said...

What a perfect trip. I'm jealous! I love sea world and can't wait to take ky there sometime. That is just awesome dave and justin were part of the show. You guys fit a ton in.

Christina said...

Wow! What a trip! You are lucky you live close enough to go for a short trip.

The Ririe's said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! We are hoping to go later this summer so you will have to give me all the info on the best shows and things for the kids. Glad you got to get away and have some fun!

Kristen said...

How fun. I love sea world and how fun for Justin.

Colleen said...

Lindsay! That looks so fun! I want to climb in the pictures and be there with you! How fun for Justin! I love the hot dog comment, too! Glad you had such a good time!

amelia and crew said...

What can I say. I'm Jealous. (with a capital J).

Sean said...

That is so fun! Davis will be so jealous when he sees this after school today. Did you know he has always said he wants to be a marine biologist and work at Sea World? What a fun vacation.

Dianne

MarilynG said...

Once again, I loved your post!! I would love to go with you when you go again sometime. The kids are adorable. It sounds like you had so much fun in such a short time. I miss you all.

Broderick Clan said...

What a great trip! How fun for Justin! We love San Diego too!