Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh baby

I've noticed that this blog has kind of become the Eden show. I didn't mean for that to happen, but she is the literal "baby of the family" and her first year of life is going by so fast...I want to document every moment of it. Believe it or not, I am actually holding back when it comes to all the things I want to post and say about this baby. :)
She is about to be 10-months-old, but I haven't documented her 9th month yet. So here are some pictures and tidbits of and about Eden at 9-months.


She's as happy and sweet as ever...

One thing Eden loves is playing with and chewing
on Dave's ties. She just sits there during church
and chomps away on the smaller length of Dave's tie while he
holds her every Sunday (he's a very nice daddy).
It seriously makes her the happiest baby ever.
So we used her weakness for ties against her to try to get her
to crawl. I think it helped with her practicing because
she started crawling the day after this picture was taken... :)
Besides the crawling there are a few other fun things Eden has figured out this month. She actually says a few words (at least I think she says a few words.) I swear she says "ma ma" and "da da" and actually means it at least half of the time. :) She also says (and sometimes signs!) "all done." It actually sounds more like "ah da" but it sure is adorable. I am completely in love with her little voice and can't get enough of listening to her words and noises.

Eden had another first this month. She was really sick
for the very first time which was really heartbreaking for us.
She had an ear infection and was pretty miserable for a couple of days.
Check out her sad face...


This was also her first time ever playing with a balloon,
and it actually cheered her up for a little bit!




We had a Sunday morning photo shoot with the kids
before church a couple of weeks ago...
(Eden was way better at holding still than silly Justin!)





Eden happily playing...

I left a bowl of her oatmeal a little too close to
her high chair one day and she grabbed it from the counter
while I was gone for a minute and proceeded to make this mess...
(I was wondering why it was so quiet in there)

Eden is really enjoying crawling and is getting faster everyday.
She loves crawling under the table... She also loves crawling in the kitchen and the
bathrooms (yucky, I know). I think she likes the
slapping sound her hands make when she's on the
linoleum. She also loves to bee-line it to the fireplace
every chance she gets. Why are kids always
drawn to the most dangerous, weird places!?

One more thing...the seperation anxiety has really
started kicking in for Eden this month. I know that
it is very normal for this age, but it's still been kind of
a bummer. She gets so sad and nervous almost every time
someone besides our family tries to hold her. She smiles
like crazy at everyone around her as long as she is in my
arms, but if someone tries to take her...forget about it.
There are times where randomly she is just fine, but in
general she is almost guaranteed to get at least a little sad.
I guess Dave and I will have to say bye-bye to dating for
at least a little while. :(

She sure is worth it though!!!

10 comments:

Grapefruit said...

We have those same exact pink pjs! I love them! They are so soft and cuddly.

Ear infections are such a bummer, aren't they? We get lots of them in our family and they are no fun. And as for speaking, she is saying more than Jane! Jane doesn't say one single thing except, "AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!" Anyway, Eden is adorable, as always!

Kristen said...

Eden is getting so big. Your kids all are so cute.

Unknown said...

I love your happy family! I like to see what I have to look forward to in the coming months!

Colleen said...

I notice that Emily is missing a couple teeth, how fun! Eden is very well loved. She's at a fun stage right now. That's awesome that she just had her first sickness, esp with siblings! Way to go. She is a cutie! I'm excited for when Alli starts crawling, It'll be soon! I love watching them learn, it's so fun!

Cardalls said...

She is so cute! Love the chubby cheeks!

Wendi said...

Our baby will be turning 10 tomorrow...so I love these cute little updates on YOUR baby. :)

Christina said...

Don't feel like you need to be apologetic for writing so much about her. She is a cutie and you will always be glad you documented so many of her sweet details.

MarilynG said...

Since I can't be there in person very often to see the new things Eden is learning, this is the next best thing. Please post as many pictures and write as much as you want (about Emily and Justin, too). P.S. Every picture was great!

Broderick Clan said...

You will be so glad you documented all the cute things Eden does! We can't get enough of Eden. She is really cute!

QnA Drapers said...

Wow- youre kids are getting so big- and way too cute! Allie just started swim lessons and I think her teacher is your long lost sister- she reminds me so much of you! I hope youre all doing well!